What is it?
Hosted by OTBC, the VIP (the Virtual Incubation Program) is online incubation for entrepreneurs that combines workshops with mentoring to provide entrepreneurs with practical, step-by-step information on how to start a company.
VIP is 8 weeks of online training (1 workshop a week) that provides step-by-step guidance for entrepreneurs who are starting growth companies. Our goal is to provide practical, how-to information focusing on best practices for validating a business model and starting a company. VIP show you step-by-step best practices for validating your value proposition and your business model, developing a financial plan, protecting your company and your intellectual property, creating a practical strategy for funding your startup, and developing a go-to-market plan.
In the VIP program you receive:
- 8 video training modules with practical how-to information for entrepreneurs
- 8 weekly interactive online workshops where we discuss how to apply that week’s topic to your business
- Additional resources that help you understand and apply the VIP topics
- Follow-on opportunities for local funding and mentoring
- You’ll be part of an entrepreneur cohort – which means you’ll get to know, work with, help, and get help from the other entrepreneurs who are participating in the class. Being an entrepreneur can be lonely – it helps to have a peer group to talk to!
- Bottom line: you get better focus, less confusion, and a higher chance of success with your startup
Who Should Apply?
VIP is for entrepreneurs who are starting a growth business. What does “growth business” mean? It means a business that intends to sell a product or service not just locally, but regionally, nationally or even internationally.
Dates: 8 weeks, starts April 2
Fee: $79VIP Flyer 2020