SOU’s Professional Development Workshop Series offers Strategy Planning for Teams: Planning for Growth. This half day workshop runs from 8:30 am – 11:30 am on Wednesday, December 12, at the Higher Education Center, 101 S. Bartlett Street in Medford.
Description: What if you had a terrific, innovative idea to grow your business? Do you know how you’d plan it? What questions would you ask, and in what order? Does it even matter, or should you “just do it” and see what happens? In this workshop, we will step through the critical questions which you will apply to your specific business or breakthrough idea. Participants will come away with the foundation for a business plan, including the basis for a go/no-go decision and the beginnings of a strategic plan that you can take home and flesh out.
John Lamy will walk participants through these learning concepts:
• The basic elements of a strategic plan
• The basic process of strategic planning
• An introduction to the Porter Model: Who keeps the profits?
• When to plan, and to “just do it” to see what you learn
• How to incorporate multiple viewpoints into a planning document
• How the elements of the plan affect one another
Review all the SOU Professional Development Workshops here.
Contact Tiffany Mays, Program Director, to set up a specific workshop to meet the needs of your industry/company.