Higher Sales and Wages in Male-Owned Firms

In 2012, the U.S. Census estimates Oregon had 339,000 firms. Of these, 331,000 were classifiable by gender, ethnicity, or race. Men owned half of these firms, while women owned 37 percent, and equally male/female owned businesses made up 13 percent of the total.Although men’s firm ownership share was proportionate with the state’s population (50%), male-owned firms made up 75 percent of all

Click here to read more on the Oregon Workforce and Economic Information Website

© 1987-2024 SOREDI 1311 East Barnett Road, Suite 301, Medford 97504 • Phone: (541) 773-8946 • Fax: (541) 779-0953